50Hz v 100Hz Panasonic dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a Panasonic TX26LMD70 but am somewhat disappointed by the picture quality, especially when watching football. The "blurring" effect makes the visual experience look like I need glasses! When I was debating which model to buy, the sales guy showed me the TX26LXD70 which, due to being 100Hz rather than 50Hz, tended not to blur as much (text moving across the screen was the demo). I thought the extra £100 was too much to pay, but am now starting to wonder if I should exchange. Question for any owners/experts out there - will the change from 50Hz to 100Hz make an appreciable difference in viewing quality when watching sports/DVDs? I'm surprised that the quality of my new LCD doesn't match my old CRT set - will the jump to 100Hz bring them much closer together?

A

Anonymous

i would say 100Hz does make a significant difference in 32" but also CRTs were developed for Standard definition whereas LCDs and Plasmas were produced mainly for High definition... so i wouldnt expect the SD to be alot better than CRTs

A

Anonymous

Anyone else any advice? Will probably have to make the switch on Wednesday next week!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Leffemonster"] Question for any owners/experts out there - will the change from 50Hz to 100Hz make an appreciable difference in viewing quality when watching sports/DVDs? I'm surprised that the quality of my new LCD doesn't match my old CRT set - will the jump to 100Hz bring them much closer together?[/quote]

The LXD70 model will handle motion better than the LMD70. It still wont be as good as your old CRT. Plasma screens are excellent for motion handling, but the smallest is a 37" Panasonic TH37PX80.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts