500sq ft room - What AV Receiver + Speakers?

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Had a good look through the site today and picked up some useful knowledge.

I have a large open plan flat with the main room (Kitchen, Dining and Lounge). 27x18 ft. which is just under 500sq ft. I'm looking for a surround sound and stereo setup for about 70% music 30% movies.
My source 90% of the time for my music will be via my iMac or Blu-ray player for discs.

I tried out the Monitor Audio BX5 AV Package (5.1) on Sunday and liked it a lot. I have shortlisted 2/3 receiver's to try out with the MA's and totalled the prices based on the following bundles I’ve found on the net:

Sony STR-DN1050 - total £1850
Onyko TX-NR636 - total £1848
Yamaha RX-A2030 Aventage - total £1610
Denon AVR-X3100W £1449

The Denon looks a bargain (£600 bundle price off) and the Sony has amazing reviews but for £400 more.

What’s your thoughts on the best package based on above? Or any suggested alternative amp's for the BX5's 5.1 system with a total budget of about £1500-1800 for amp+speakers.

Thank you

Chris

Verity Burns

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I know it's the most expensive option, but we'd recommend our Product of the Year winner, the Sony STR-DN1050. It's a superb, powerful amp that will have no trouble filling up your space, and it has a really nice character with music too, so should suit your needs well.

We haven't tested the Denon AVR-X3100 yet, but gave the Denon AVR-X2100 4 stars.

Hope that helps.

michael hoy

Verity Burns said:
Hi Chris,

I know it's the most expensive option, but we'd recommend our Product of the Year winner, the Sony STR-DN1050. It's a superb, powerful amp that will have no trouble filling up your space, and it has a really nice character with music too, so should suit your needs well.

We haven't tested the Denon AVR-X3100 yet, but gave the Denon AVR-X2100 4 stars.

Hope that helps.

Where is you signature - *shok*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts