5.1 Speaker Set for under £600 & AV receiver for under £600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please could someone advise me as to what I should buy.

I like both the [class="title"]KEF KHT1005.2 and Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 speakers. Though [/class][class="title"]Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 speakers have won awards I feel the shape and size might result in poor sound quality?[/class]

In regards to the AV receiver, I have heard Pioneer and Onkyo's TX-SR608 models are great for this price range. What would you advice in this price bracket which will be up to date with today's HD content. I think that Onkyo provides more functions than Pioneer but does this compromise overall quality?

I hope someone can help me fairly soon. Thanks!!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Chrisrabc,

I agree with Andrew.

The Onkyo TX-SR608 and the Q Acoustics 1010i package will be a good combination and will fall well under your budget.

If you want to go one step further, then you may want to consider the Denon AVR-2310 with the Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema pack - you would still be under budget.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help. The speakers will be located in a large old georgian building room which is quite cluttered and therefore cannot be too large. By the looks of things the speakers you have recommended dont seem to be too big. If you were to give another option what would it be - small and medium?

Thank you again.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Chrisrabc,

The Q Acoustics are bookshelf speakers and unlike floorstanders, aren't really that large or obstrusive.

If you want something smaller, then your initial thoughts of the Boston Acoustics might suit your preference.

Alternatively, the KEF 2005.3 with the Kube 2 sub can be had for about £700.00. These would be superior performers to the BA and you would still be in budget.

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your help.

Quality Home Cinema (visual/audio)

You have all provided excellent advice and I am sure there will be many other people looking in this price for a similar package. As you know I have a
budget of around £1200. I have to be honest with you; I did not see the two links - style speakers and speakers.

Having looked at both of them I have decided that in an old big house like mine, ultra modern and style is not important but quality is! And as you know
yourselves there are many big 'BRANDS' out there (not all) where you are paying for a label rather than the quality factor. This is the area I wish to
stay well away from.

Therefore, I personally believe that with the budget set, the Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver and the Q Acoustics 2000 series, will be a very good buy in
terms of value and more importantly quality.

Thank you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Great choice of receiver and speakers, but as you are looking for alternatives, what about these?

Speakers - Monitor Audio Vectors, I have heard these on several occasions and think they sound amazing.

Receiver - Yamaha RXV767, not heard this in action but Yams and Monitors generally work very well together and it is very upto date.

Just an alternative guys!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well i would try and find a deal on the Kef 3005se with the cheaper k2 sub taken from the 2005.3 package. What this will do is mainly improve the centre speaker and fill bigger rooms.Now ive found a good deal for £699, so i would ring to check available stock, this partner with Onkyo 608 should sound great,or alternative would be some Quad-lites if you can get the mkII for £699 they will also go really well with Onkyo amp.You could always buy 5 B&W M1's for £125 and add a sub later,ideally the PV1 but that will cost near £800 so RSW 12, or BK Monolith at £450 would work well.Will add the link to the website if youre interested.

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your help/advice. With so many options provided its going to be difficult to make a decision.Thank you all for the links provided; some great deal i.e. Kef speakers etc. It is time to put some fact down. Firstly, I would like to remind everyone of the budget of £1200 for both the Av receiver and speakers and secondly after some serious thinking quality is more important that style.

Speakers: Some of you sugest Quad-lites, Monitor Audio Vectors, B&W, RSW12, BK Monolith, sound equipment. However, though these maybe excellent speakers the fact is that I would have to buy the speakers gradually over a period of time so as to stretch the budget and consequently believe that this option is out.

The Q Accoustic 2000 (£550 or less) Series and now the Kef 3005SE K2 (£700) speakers seem to be the ones to consider. SO which do I buy? The Accoustics were voted the speakers of the year! but are new to the market. The Kef speakers are well made and known for their 3D sound, but by compromising on the Sub will this option be a disadvantage over the Accoustics?

Verdict?..........................?

Av Receiver: Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo - These seem to be the answer but which one?

Yamahas (all models in this range) - Good overall review but this manufacturer has faced some small tech problems.

Onkyo TX-SR608 - £450 Packed full of features but sometimes (rarely) lacks the punch from other manufacturers.

Denon AVR-2310 - £800 - High performance but with a high price tag.

Denon AVR-1910 - £450 - AV Product of the year 2009, many features but some people have said it looks a litte outdated.

Verdict..........................?

Before you comment on the two products that you think are the best consider the following......

The Budget is £1200. Within the speaker and amp choices there are is one expensive amp and speaker package. Only one can be selected to stay within budget. Do i make a one sided/extream compromise on the speakers or AV? OR do I make a mid way compromise?

Other factors to Consider...........

Amps/Receiver: All have roughly the same features but some have struck my attention as being useful...

OnkyoTX-SR608 - Wattage high 160, Upgradable, THX sound certified

Denon AVR-1910 - Product of the year, many features

Denon AVR-2310 - Extra features, but ........price tag.

Speakers:

Accoustics - Product of the year, large speakers for covering large areas, great output that keeps up with fast moving sound effects.

Kef - 3D sound, great reputation,

................................................................................................ Please help me to select just one amp and one speaker package - THANK YOU!!!!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

links to deals - Kefs speakers as mentioned before and Onkyo with accoustic speakers package.

http://www.multizoneav.com/Product/KEF/Speakers/KHT3005SE_K2/

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/6910

A

Anonymous

well I have the Onkyo 608 and the Q Acoustics 2000 cinema pack (but with QAV rears) and its amazing.

You wont be disappointed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts