46HX903 Review - Is it the same for 52HX903?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just read the review for the 46HX903 in the magazine.

Can I expect the 52HX903 to be of a similar standard and thus draw a similar conclusion?

A

Anonymous

nope ..

panels of different sizes are likely to have been made on different lines, in
different factories or - in some circs - by different companies. As whfi
have so often said, impossible to extrapolate review verdicts on a TV of
one size to those of a different size, even if from the same
technology, manufacturer and range.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:panels of different sizes are likely to have been made on different lines, in different factories or - in some circs - by different companies. As whfi have so often said, impossible to extrapolate review verdicts on a TV of one size to those of a different size, even if from the same technology, manufacturer and range.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:panels of different sizes are likely to have been made on different lines, in different factories or - in some circs - by different companies. As whfi have so often said, impossible to extrapolate review verdicts on a TV of one size to those of a different size, even if from the same technology, manufacturer and range.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

emotion-19.gif

Petruchio

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
This would make a cracking section of the magazine. For a one-off report, rather than review similar size models from different manufacturers, how about a reivew of one model of TV across the sizes (eg 40", 46" and 52" etc etc). Has WHF ever done this? It would be fascinating to see the results....

A

Anonymous

I agree - it would make very interesting reading and would allow the consumer to make more of an informed choice.

I was so pleased when I read the review on the 46", as I have a 52" on order, but then a little taken back by the difference, which I should have realised but got carried away with the excitement of my pre-order choice.

I am sure however it will be a good set.

A

Anonymous

my local sony centre is due one shortly , im looking forward to having a good demo , hopefully the nice young salesman doesnt start telling me that sony stopped making plasmas because it is an inferior technology
emotion-3.gif

he could have a fun morning
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Will do - when it finally arrives. Which hopefully will be mid-August.

A

Anonymous

Fingers crossed it will be mid-August, I have a 46" on order and am waiting not very patiently now after the review in this month's mag. I did pop into my local Sony Centre to see if they had anymore news and still they have no stock date from Sony, so for the time being the wait goes on!!

A

Anonymous

I've recently got the 52HX903 and just had it calibrated professionally by an ISF-certified engineer today. The PQ is simply amazing. I've upgraded from a Panasonic VT20 and had owned a Kuro 5090 before making the jump to 3D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts