3x simple questions for you guys

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
1- i am going a for 2m red in about 6 weeks i will play around £80 is that the best i can get for my genie2 for sub £100(looks play a part as well) But i really need to get some scales in with the £100.

2 just after xmas i will need a phono stage to go with my genie2/arcam alpha9, winning at moment is the ca640p to match my dac magic9again i think looks are important) £100 is there any better for the money to start researching or can i buy better s/hand off ebay.

3- as a xmas present i can pick a little treat of my mum so i have said i want paul weller wild wood on vinyl how much should she be spending on a new or a s/hand near mint copy. Or is there any weller known for being very good on vinyl.

yes im 29years old and i still get xmas treats before you all ask.

thanks for all the help in advance

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Smuggs, having owned a 2M Red, go for it great cartridge, the 640p should match your set up well. As for Paul Weller, your mother is looking at £30 to £50 try looking at Gemm.com and ebay, not many copies around.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:
1- i am going a for 2m red in about 6 weeks i will play around £80 is that the best i can get for my genie2 for sub £100(looks play a part as well) But i really need to get some scales in with the £100.

2 just after xmas i will need a phono stage to go with my genie2/arcam alpha9, winning at moment is the ca640p to match my dac magic9again i think looks are important) £100 is there any better for the money to start researching or can i buy better s/hand off ebay.

3- as a xmas present i can pick a little treat of my mum so i have said i want paul weller wild wood on vinyl how much should she be spending on a new or a s/hand near mint copy. Or is there any weller known for being very good on vinyl.

Hi Smuggs, I have a 2m red that I want to get rid of. If WHF permit, I can send you my e-mail and we can chat. Not sure if this is the appropriate way of doing it- apologise if it is not. If not, can you let me know what is the procedure.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:

I think there is a Trichord Dino starting at £50.00- this is a brilliant phono stage- I got mine for £138.00 like new. A bit over your budget but I can heartedly recommend it.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
smuggs: Or is there any weller known for being very good on vinyl.

Weller at BBC is superb and still easily avialable at decent price (look to pay around £20) new/unplayed from Amazon Marketplace or eBay. Has many tracks that are not even on the 4 CD version. I know that for certain cos I own both!

Avoid Catch Flame (Live at Alexander Palace); brilliant album, but I had several copies from Amazon that were all sent back due to excessive crackles and clicks, even after cleaning with the Disco antistat (stick to the CD for that album).

Personally I think "As is Now" is a superb album that also sound great on double vinyl, personal faves being "Floorboards" and "Bring back the Funk". It's easily available for between £10 and £15 cos it was not widely appreciated.

Other classic Weller albums are very difficult to find and typically go for very high prices on eBay. If you can get hold of anything before "As is Now" in Mint or Ex condition for less than £40, you're doing well!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i would be keen to speak again i would need the thumbs up to post my email address to you and then i will have a chat

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:i would be keen to speak again i would need the thumbs up to post my email address to you and then i will have a chat
Hi Smuggs, It's me again. I am sorry, but my brother has offered to buy my 2m red from me. Anyway, you going to buy one new I suppose so enjoy it. It's a lovely cartridge

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts