3rd Party 3D Glasses

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have just got a Epson EH-TW6000W which only came with 1 pair of 3D glasses and need another 3 pairs. The Epson glasses are about £80 a pop and wondered if there were cheaper alternatives? I have found THESE on eBay, has anyone tried these cheap glasses? or are there other glasses that are cheaper than the Epson ones that work without any issues?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
From all the research i done when i got my tv the 3rd party glasses available from the likes of ebay are poor quality China and Hong Kong exports which although do the job do tend to cause far more eye strain than the official glasses from the manufacturers of the tv or projector that you own.

There have been reports of less of a 3D effect from certain glasses too and from a personal point of view when dealing with your eyesight i wouldn't want to scrimp for the sake of a few quid, who knows how much research has been done with these sort of glasses after all?

I feel your pain with the cost of 3D glasses as i've now bought 3 pairs of active glasses myself at £60 a pair as i wanted the latest Sony titanium framed lightweight glasses as opposed to the bulky and rather stupid looking normal Sony 3D glasses and although it was an expensive purchase for what they are i just didn't want to take any risks with some grey imported glasses from China and Hong Kong despite the vast difference in cost.

The choice is yours of course, you could just get one of those cheap pairs and see how you get on then make your mind up from there as at least then you could compare the two with regards to performance, comfort and eye strain.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I think the answer to that lies in which way your Epsom glasses work, are they infa-red or bluetooth glasses? I know for certain about the Panasonic glasses as i had a GT30 plasma and can confirm that the ST, GT and VT30 use infa-red tech and that the new VT, GT and VT50 use bluetooth tech.

Older style infa-red glasses are these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TY-EW3D3ME-3D-Glasses-Medium/dp/B005HNNIO0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350557959&sr=1-2

New style bluetooth glasses are these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TY-ER3D4ME-Bluetooth-Active-Glasses/dp/B007FNIP2U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350557959&sr=1-1

Don't forget that all these come in 3 different sizes small, medium and large.

Out of interest where did you hear that Panasonic glasses would work with your epsom PJ? Seems an odd marraige but if they do you will halve your outlay for 3 pairs of glasses which is a lovely saving eh.

Hope the above info helps :)

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The Epson uses IR so I will go for a pair of the older Panasonic glasses and report back once I have finished re-arangeing the front room and got the PJ up and running that is :)

In answer to your question Oldboy, one of the places I demoed a few PJs gave me Panasonic glasses when I demoed the 6000W as they couldn't find the Epson ones and the reason I'm guessing as to why they worked with the Epson is I know that Epson supply Panasonic with quite a bit of the internal gubbins for the Panasonic PJs and both refresh at the same rate for 3D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts