32 inch choices... Sony, Toshiba or Panasonic?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a 32" LCD and wanting to spend around £400. It's a toss-up between the Sony 32V4000, the Toshiba 32AV555 and the Panasonic LXD80 (although the LXD85 also looks good, but just under £100 more...)

I'll be using the TV mainly for freeview, DVDs and Xbox 360, although I like to watch MotoGP etc, so as little motion blur as possible would be nice - does this mean I should try and hold out for the LXD85 for it's 100hz as i've read about issues for sports with non-100hz models?

Any help would be appreciated, as i've devoured all the reviews I can find online and have struggled to find a store with these models in so I can compare them side by side...

A

Anonymous

bump?? (toshiba seems to be off the cards now, so should i get the sony or the panny?)

A

Anonymous

For these TV's picture should be pretty good with both - can you stretch to the new 4500 series sony's? I personally prefer the styling of the sony's 4500 to the pana's and the 4000 but having said that I am taking a pana 37" plasma over the sony 40" lcd as the price is just too much better and the picture is not too much worse.

If your looking at the sonys then the W is a good step up from the V so try to get a view on both the W and V series so you can see what your missing out on.

Can you test the Pan and the Sonys at seperate places? That way if you like them both then you know you will be happy with either and can get the cheaper one and if you don't like them both then you know which one to buy.

A

Anonymous

i can't afford the extra 200 or so pound for the W series. living to my means and all that...

i need to spy them under the same conditions really, because most places have poor inputs for viewing. especially where i am, there's no decent shops round here (doncaster.)

A

Anonymous

Stretch if you can to the Panasonic TX32LXD85 - currently £488 at John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee. Seen side by side and viewed at anything other than straight on, the Panasonic is the clear winner. And don't forget the Panasonic is a 100Hz model so generally better with motion handling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts