3 HDMI out amp

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I’ve just took the plunge and bought myself a projector which I’m looking forward to setting up but I now (good excuse) need a new AV receiver. I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR609 which I’ve had quite a few years now and I was interested in replacing it with the Sony str-dn1050 this is for two main reasons around the HDMI outputs.

2 x HDMI (mirrored) – Using this I can send a signal each to my TV and projector

1 x HDMI (zone 2) – the plan was to use the second zone connected to HDMI to CAT5 convertors to send the signal from my amp to a second room therefore allowing sky etc. to be played elsewhere.

It was also a bonus that that the Sony str-dn1050 got good reviews. I’m now in a position to purchase one but I’m having real trouble tracking one down because it’s discontunied. Fine I thought I’d look at the new model but unfortunately the str-dn1060 doesn’t have the same features.

So do I spend time looking out for the old model, keep my amp and use splitters or look for a new amp with the same features. So does anyone have any advice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts