2nd system (floor-standing based)

afterworks

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my main system is pretty much complete.

You can see on my sig what I've got and obviously like. That system is my main one. It's based in my home office/studio and is the ony I will always use most.

However, I do want to setup a 2nd system for my front room. This time floor standing speaker based.

Now, I LOVE my Focus 110's. However the Focus floor standers cost more than I'm budgeting for my 2nd system.

I'm looking at some Dynaudio Excite X32's. Thoughts?

I want to spend around 4k in total. Thats just for speakers and amp. Source will be ATV or PS3. I'll sort a DAC out later.

I already have surround sound so don't look at this as something that needs to 'work later on'. This is just for music.

Thanks

B

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Thats a great budget for a second system.

When I upgraded I had a similar opportunity with a second system. I used what was my first systems kit and I would recommend it. I have schonberg vienna speakers with subson sub woofer, a nad amp and cd player. The schonbergs are great without the sub but if you like bass then you may need wither a bigger amp (or a sub) (I previsouly had this kit with a MF intergrated I6?) and this brought of the bass.

I have now put this system in my living room, interestingly I have had this room extedended it is now 5m x 7m with a very high ceiling. The sound is just astonishing. Sure it looses a bit of the detail with the amp and CD but it is a very rounded, full and well balanced sound.

Enjoy the shopping whatever you decide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts