25 of the best tracks for testing bass

Rhyanski

Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
Massive Attack's "Angel" is very bass intensive, but I consider "Unfinished Sympathy" being more suitable for testing, as there's a low frequency thud that comes slightly off-beat, and is so low that on many systems sounds washed out.

Enter Shikari's "SSSnakepit" - first 35 seconds literally will push the system to the limit. This is how you wreck your speakers...
Korn's "Freak on a leash" is a nice test as well from the very beginning, especially at 20-22s from the start.

Back in the days there was a hip-hop group called "Nemesis", who literally were obsessed with bass and low frequencies. Basically anything from those guys is nice for testing as the bass is very much synthetic and very low. This is their spotify page.
View: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0FhfezGfDiRAGxIXz4qeKl?si=-K7hXOvKRTCETZIqiVIBPA

Robin182

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
I agree with Fleetwood Mac's The Chain particularly but Frankie Goes to Hollywood and War will give it a monster test too and for low level response it has to be River of Bass by Underworld, this track knows how to go low!

patmarcus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Agree with many of the above. Here's an addition from the nu-school of Hip Hop that had me open mouthed at both the production finesse and the cavernous bass - "Ain't it different" by Headie One. I had to check more than once that my sub (a REL S812) wasnt on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts