chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It was bound to happen.

Even Linn have done one...

linnsideboard03.jpg

Geneva Sounds too...

xxl-r1.jpg

I can't see anything wrong with the idea.

I'd want to see a little more flair with the Ruark styling though.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I have no idea who the target market is for a product of that price and with those features but looking like that. Ridiculous.

Not people who like racks full of ugly steel and anodised aluminium boxes with cables sprouting everywhere out the back.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
It was bound to happen.

Even Linn have done one...

linnsideboard03.jpg

Geneva Sounds too...

xxl-r1.jpg

I can't see anything wrong with the idea.

I'd want to see a little more flair with the Ruark styling though.

My perplexity can now be edited. I never knew you had it in you Chebby...

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
BenLaw said:
I have no idea who the target market is for a product of that price and with those features but looking like that. Ridiculous.

Not people who like racks full of ugly steel and anodised aluminium boxes with cables sprouting everywhere out the back.

I would have thought most people who are into that style of furniture with the spindly legs have a sense of style based in something like the 70s, maybe earlier. If they're into spending £2k on hifi I'd expect most of them to be into old school separates. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't see many 21st century men / women who are into streaming and digital sources, and who have £2k to spend also having tastes that include those spindly legs. But maybe I'm blinded by personal (dis)taste.

Edit: the Geneva at least has contemporary styling. Don't know what Linn were thinking of, of course, at least Ruark's has a style.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Personally i think it looks gorgeous. Love the wood finish and the legs.

I might be tempted to buy one as it would look the business in my room.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Great idea, a bit steep in price but yes, I can see those catching on.

My mum bought a Rigonda Bolshoi Stereo Multiplex back in the day (70's) - a superb 'gram' - (such grams sounded good in the day most of them valve driven only to be replaced by the crap of the 80's like the Amstrads & sensui etc of that period).

it had a seperate pair of 3way speakers containung an 8inch woofer, 6inch mid driver and tweeter in a cabinate standing about 80cm high, 20cm wide maybe about 20 cm deep - it sounded superb to my young ears genuine hifi back then..

if the price is right they'd make alot more sense than the Docks I've seen and could well produce a far superior sound

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Alas, I don't even have room for a coffee table in my living room and I don't think it could replace the sideboard I have my TV on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts