2014 Active Setup

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks every one for helping me out in short listing. Here is the system that I am putting together

DSC03001.jpg

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
This is very very nice! A superb, modern system.

Thank You! Actually, the thread you started really helped me. I am glad that Active thread stayed on the intended course and I hope it grows much more. The system looks very simple and clean. Not many cables running around, not too many boxes and giving the kind of performance that I wanted plus a great WAF!!

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks gorgeous, WishTree! And very compact indeed.

Do you need some kind of plugs/adapters for connecting the Oppo to the BeoLabs? IIRC B&O speakers don't take regular ICs.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
DocG said:

Do you need some kind of plugs/adapters for connecting the Oppo to the BeoLabs? IIRC B&O speakers don't take regular ICs.

B&O make RCA phono to Powerlink DIN cables to connect speakers such as the BeoPenguins to conventional preamps or devices with variable line outputs, and some third-party manufacturers such as Sounds Heavenly make aftermarket cables. The speakers have a 'line' setting for such input.

I think I also read somewhere that all future B&O speakers would also have conventional phono socket inputs.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Your setup is amazing, i love b&0 and the beolab 9s have an amazing deep bass from the 10 inch 500 watt drivers built into them. Can i ask a question in regards to your setup. Do you only get audio from blurays and CDs or do you also have audio from the tv going through the oppo then outputting through the speakers also?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Yes, very nice, congrats.

The photos are very cool but could you also please do us a wider shot to see the whole setup?

Ordered some furniture for the room. Some arrived and some to come. With boxes and building up, the room now looks a lot more messy. Once I clean up, I will add some pics from couch point of view.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
Did you have a chance for any comparisons?

:( Unfortunately no real comparisions with other brands. Genelecs were at a different place and B&O else where. No house demo either. Just bought them based on research and shop audition.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
DocG said:

Yup! Really enjoying the minimalistic look and not wondering if the amps match speakers or not. Moving to B&O is kind of going back to school as they do things a bit differently.

Beolab 9 as well as some of the newer series have selector switch which can be set to "Line". In this mode, the amps turn on based on signal. If no signal, then they go off in a minute or so. This is very practical and easier to match with other brands. I have ordered cables from 'Sounds Heavenly' and they are really nice & professional. Steve explained me very well about what I should buy and what I should plan for center speaker as i told him about the future plan.

It looks like the latest speakers even have direct RCA line in!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
B&O make RCA phono to Powerlink DIN cables to connect speakers such as the BeoPenguins to conventional preamps or devices with variable line outputs, and some third-party manufacturers such as Sounds Heavenly make aftermarket cables. The speakers have a 'line' setting for such input.

I think I also read somewhere that all future B&O speakers would also have conventional phono socket inputs.

Exactly! Sounds Heavenly are very professional and helpful.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Very nice, Wishtree. Like the look of the quirky-shaped speakers.

Thanks PP! They do have a quirky shape. It is still taking time to get used to the looks of the speakers. Rest of the furniture in the room looks too old style with these speakers around ;)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
markiedee said:
Your setup is amazing, i love b&0 and the beolab 9s have an amazing deep bass from the 10 inch 500 watt drivers built into them. Can i ask a question in regards to your setup. Do you only get audio from blurays and CDs or do you also have audio from the tv going through the oppo then outputting through the speakers also?

Thank You! The bass is very deep and powerful.

My current set up is

Mac Mini (via HDMI Front ) + SetTopBox (via HDMI Back) -> Oppo -> (via RCA) Beolab 9

But mostly used the following way

Synology NAS (Via Wired Ethernet) -> Oppo

Oppo plays all Music and Video from NAS directly and that sounds the best. In rare usage of STB, I use it via HDMI. Mac Mini connection is just there. I have a feeling I might not be using it any more given that now Oppo plays all the music including Apple Lossless.

Hope this is what you are asking for.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
WishTree said:
BenLaw said:
Yes, very nice, congrats.

The photos are very cool but could you also please do us a wider shot to see the whole setup?

Ordered some furniture for the room. Some arrived and some to come. With boxes and building up, the room now looks a lot more messy. Once I clean up, I will add some pics from couch point of view.

Cool, thanks :) Good luck with the finishing touches.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hngggg. Awesome system. I agree there is something of the robotic penguin about the speakers, but I could get used to it very quickly.

Sorry, I know I'm sad but this had been bugging me. Could you change the spelling in your signature so it says My System rather than Sytem :oops:

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
ID. said:
Hngggg. Awesome system. I agree there is something of the robotic penguin about the speakers, but I could get used to it very quickly.

Sorry, I know I'm sad but this had been bugging me. Could you change the spelling in your signature so it says My System rather than Sytem :oops:

Thanks!

I did not notice the signature part. I just changed it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts