2013 - new hifi products

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, just want to share with you that NAD has an new cdplayer. Nice slim unit with a big screen!

They quote it will be the new class leader. :rant:

also

yamaha A-S3000 amp + cd player.......very impressive

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I was doing a bit of digging re: Yamaha AS2000, and to my surprise stumbled upon this new product for spring 2013 ... (also mentioned in you last post) .... looks like a Luxman ...

C2AD75A5248E4866B24E7B8EE206F6E5_12073.jpg

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
tino said:
I was doing a bit of digging re: Yamaha AS2000, and to my surprise stumbled upon this new product for spring 2013 ... (also mentioned in you last post) .... looks like a Luxman ...

Hi tino

Yamaha's new A-S3000 amplifier looks great
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

It certainly does Rick ... would you have any information on pricing ... I imagine it's north of the (increased) £1500 the AS2000 is now going for.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Ooh, I like it. If only it still had the wooden cheeks too...

Not out in the stores yet here in Japan, but I look forward to seeing it.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Well spotted. I'd prefer the timber look, but that may well be coming. I couldn't find much on the amp. There was more on English sites than Japanese sites...

Pete68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So they do make them like they used to. A drop dead gorgeous piece of kit IMO. Would love to hear one...

I wonder how well it would drive a pair of ATC SCM 19s?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
hughesfleming said:
I heard that the Yamaha is going to be priced around €4500.00 which to me is astonishing.

Why?

My expectation is that it might sit around the £2-£2.5K bracket ... given that the 1000 is at £1K, the 2000 is at £1.5K. The average price of the AS2000 has risen from around £1200 back up to £1500 recently maybe because of limited supply or maybe to introduce some logical pricing structure relative to the new model.

I think it looks very nice in piano black ... which is a shame because I have one of these ...

4DEF3A62208F4367B45730B5B9530BB7_12073.jpg

and not one of these

62E004A2FAAB4FCBBCE9679C6FC7E58E_12073.jpg

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Accuphase, Luxman, Yamaha... beauties... no British manufacturer makes such a nice looking products... and they all comes with tone controls so one can simply adjust levels to his taste without changing speakers or amps.. now imagine to buy a camera that comes only with shutter release and no colour, sharpness, contrast etc adjustments.. would you change cameras for different pictures styles?

bravo Yamaha!

.. and if that not true about tone controls, why people stuck with no controls stops listening some kind of music they like because their equipment sounds only good with acoustic and vocals and sounds rubbish with rock and electronic?

tino said:
MUSICRAFT said:
tino said:

Hi tino

Yamaha's new A-S3000 amplifier looks great
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

It certainly does Rick ... would you have any information on pricing ... I imagine it's north of the (increased) £1500 the AS2000 is now going for.

Hi tino

I am sorry to say that i don't have any information on pricing.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hughesfleming

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If the price is correct which I am not sure about then it is quite a jump over the A-S2000. It just caught me by surprise that it would be more or less competing against an Accuphase E-260. Sticking to the meters theme, that is close to the price of the Onkyo M5000/3000 Power/Pre. I just did not expect it to be so expensive at first sight. Perhaps once the reviews roll in, the value picture will be clearer.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
lpv said:
now imagine to buy a camera that comes only with shutter release and no colour, sharpness, contrast etc adjustments.. would you change cameras for different pictures styles?

Well if you shoot in Raw then you have no camera adjustments, who wants it on the camera, you just do it all later after you download the images, same with a film camera. Or do you use jpg and have less quality like when using tone controls.

As for looks depends on your taste, to me most of those look very dated and UK companies like Arcam and Creek look fine and some of them have optional tone controls as well.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm aware of raw.. but from what you saying having no tone controls means less quality :dance: You can't post produce sound once it reached the speakers like you can do it in picture editing software.

that's why tone controls are helpfull and well placed by some manufacturers.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
lpv said:
I'm aware of raw.. but from what you saying having no tone controls means less quality :dance: You can't post produce sound once it reached the speakers like you can do it in picture editing software.

No putting the sound through tone controls degrades the quality that why so many of the more expensive amps do not have them.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
... seems McIntosh is cheap in that case.. I'll get two.. :clap: I love

advocates of bad design - I'll like them!

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
lpv said:

No putting the sound through tone controls degrades the quality that why so many of the more expensive amps do not have them.

How?

Ever been to a sound check where the sound engineer spends several hours eq'ing (posh tone control) the sound to suit the venue because every venue is different? Just as our rooms at home our different and recordings are not all mastered the same.

Please read here - http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/showthread.php?1857-Tone-balance-mono-stereo-and-filter-controls-sadly-missed&highlight=tone+control - for some sensible information.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts