20% off at HMV.COM

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I feel another Star Wars pre order is about to happen Gel lol. Thanks for the heads up thats a great deal for the weekend but only encourages more spending...now how can i explain away the many blurays i may well buy this weekend to the other half??
smiley-laughing.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
Though whether HMV will be around to satisfy any pre-orders is anyones guess... HMV to sell Waterstones

I was in HMV just yesterday at lunch time and it was very quiet. Bought two cd`s for £10 because I was after one in particular which cost £7 by itself or two for a tenner. Actually took me sometime to find another I wanted even for just £3. The main reason for this is that it seems to be the same old albums and everyone`s got them already.

Noticed that Mastodon`s last album `Crack The Skye` was selling for £16!! You can get this for under a fiver online.

They need to sort prices like that out and quick. I hope they survive as it would be a great shame not to have even one record shop in town.

D

Deleted member 2457

I was in HMV a couple of days ago, trying to buy a Sony S370 blu ray player, it took the staff about 2 minutes to find out the price and then i was waiting for about 10 mins for them to find a box and package it up. Gave up in the end, as our car parking ticket was about too expire, and i am glad i did, seeing as i just got the S380 for the same price.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
I feel another Star Wars pre order is about to happen Gel lol. Thanks for the heads up thats a great deal for the weekend but only encourages more spending...now how can i explain away the many blurays i may well buy this weekend to the other half??
smiley-laughing.gif

Big Smile. No probs mate. I just finally got myself the Kick-Ass blu-ray. Smile

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
smiley-laughing.gif

Big Smile. No probs mate. I just finally got myself the Kick-Ass blu-ray. Smile

Great film Kick Ass! That was one that passed me by when it 1st came out on BD but was really surprised by it when i saw it, really enjoyable and Nic Cage's best film in years
smiley-cool.gif

On the subject of HMV here is a prime example of why they are struggling...when i went in there this week on a bluray hunt and they had the blatant cheek to have Iron Man 2 on BD in there for the outrageous price of £35!!! Thats £10 over the original RRP so it's no wonder they are on the way out, that's just one example but there are many, many more if you have a look and it's a complete rip off.

The company seems to have the attitude that as they are the only retailer in many towns and cities actually selling cd's, dvd's and bd's that they can charge whatever they like and that in the long run is what will see them disappear from the high street along with all the others!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
More info on the HMV code you should be aware of...you can only use the code ONCE so get all your items in your basket before you add the code AND you can't use it towards the cost of a pre order or for technology such as ipods etc. Small ommisions but there are still plenty of bargains to be had
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts