20 hours and counting . . . the suprise of the evening?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The home straight, down hill all the way!!! Its been so far, a very frusrating experiance whilst running the Benz Wood in . . . one LP up, the next down, patience is the name of the game.

Another mile stone this evening, we went past 20 hours needle time and a pile of almost 40 LP's, no I'm not good at filling, all away now though. Music from Nat King Cole, 'Love is the Thing' (original pressing) listening now, through Jeff Beck to Gerry Raffeaty.

The cartridge has been very up and down in its presentation, although the quality records have tended to shine through. We have hit a point where the cartridge is responding to tracking force adjustment, not possible in the previus couple of days. Holding good at 1.8gs with a developing warm, flowing voice. I was begining to think the warmth would never come . . . ?

The suprise of this evening . . . 'the Chieftains 5', 1975 CBS 82991. I doubt I have played it half a dozen times since the 80's. Wow, what a recording, forget its Irish folk music . . . simply track it down in the local charity shop or boot sale, and enjoy a 'musical hifi' treat!

CJSF

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
patience is the name of the game.

Exactly Cj. If you trawl back to the thread where you bought the Benz i did say 'give it 30-40 hrs as a start point to assess, or summat like that.

Report back after 50/60 hrs min.

Tbh CJ beggaring around with vtf/vta until the blighter has well and truly run in ,is a waste of time. Think about it.

Leave it on 1.8 , level arm or slightly a**e down and pass a load of vinyl under it.

Patience my mate patience. :)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
floyd droid said:
CJSF said:
patience is the name of the game.

Exactly Cj. If you trawl back to the thread where you bought the Benz i did say 'give it 30-40 hrs as a start point to assess, or summat like that.

Report back after 50/60 hrs min.

Tbh CJ beggaring around with vtf/vta until the blighter has well and truly run in ,is a waste of time. Think about it.

Leave it on 1.8 , level arm or slightly a**e down and pass a load of vinyl under it.

Patience my mate patience. :)

Yeah Floyd . . . I was just getting a little impatient, the down force was around 2gs which one was not happy with. There have been some majour changes getting to this point. I'm hoping it will flaten out a bit now, just do its thing easing in gradualy. The Sumiko has gon off to Dominic, so things are moving on now.

Missed out on any needle time today, Hazel has been at the hospital all morning, we learned a lot, shoping this afternoon, then I fell asleep!!! Still its Horlicks time now, so another hour or so?

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts