2 things for the website peeps...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
When I am in a forum, and want to post, sometimes cookies etc. mean I'm not logged in.

I click "log-in".

I insert my user name and password.

The site then re-directs me to an annoying landing page of my previous posts. I was in a sub-forum at a particular part of the site, and when i want to log in to post, you then re-direct me to a part of the site I've not been on. I then must click 1. forums; 2. sub-forum; 3. the thread title in that sub-forum; and then 4. the post button. 4 unecessary, and entirely frustrating, clicks.

Anyway, the second gripe, and why I'm posting now...

I was asked to complete a Haymarket Survey. I've posted the details from the landing page below - read the bits underlined. It pays to read the small print (or, in this case, it costs you...)

We w[/b]ould really like to hear your opinion on hi-fi speakers and, as thanks, give you the opportunity to enter a prize draw*. One lucky participant, chosen at random, will win a £100 Amazon voucher. The survey should take around five minutes to complete.[/b]

Just click 'Next'/the arrow below to get started.

*Prize draw terms & conditions
1. To enter: complete the survey and submit your contact details. 2. Entries close: midnight on Friday 25th September 2015. 3. The prize is a £50 Amazon voucher. 4. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over. 5. No cash alternative. Prizes are non-transferable. 6. Only one entry per person. 7. For full terms and conditions click here. The Promoter: Haymarket Media Group, Teddington Studios, Broom Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 9BE, UK

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
are there any plans to address the first issue above?

Also, the way all the adverts make the page jump and stutter as they load (slowly) onto each page is really annoying as it jumps around.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Big Aura, been away on holiday so just catching up on the Forums.

Re the survey and Amazon vouchers, I have checked and the prize is £100-worth - the £50 mentioned in the small print is a mistake. This competition was not run by us editorially, so apologies for the confusion.

Re the points you make about Forum posting and the jumpy ads, yes agreed, they are annoying. Our tech team is aware but I'll be honest, we have other more pressing issues to fix first.

TRENDING THREADS