2 amps, is it possible?

newwy

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this sounds daft.!!

I want to add a second amp to my set up. an old british classic (A&R Cambridge A60)

Would it be possible to have 2 amps and switch between them without dis-connecting all the time.

I would like to set it upto my Denon DM39 and Dali zensors, Cambridge Audio phono stage and TT.

Maybe just run the TT through the A60 and the denon for CD,DAB etc but using the same speakers?

Is this possible with some sort of switch box??

Thanks

newwy said:
Apologies if this sounds daft.!!

I want to add a second amp to my set up. an old british classic (A&R Cambridge A60)

Would it be possible to have 2 amps and switch between them without dis-connecting all the time.

I would like to set it upto my Denon DM39 and Dali zensors, Cambridge Audio phono stage and TT.

Maybe just run the TT through the A60 and the denon for CD,DAB etc but using the same speakers?

Is this possible with some sort of switch box??

Thanks

Don't understand the benefits of having two amps, unless you have a surround sound receiver and you want a dedicated two-channel option.

Sell the Denon and buy a Arcam Alpha 7R. It'll sound good thu your Dalis and you can dump the Cambridge phono stage... less boxes and less hassle.

newwy

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I love the Denon, great for occassional cd playing and more often DAB radio/USB memory stick use. Less often TT use. Great sound from this unit for the price.

Just wanted an old vintage amp to compare sound (mess about with), running through the Dalis but with option to use the Denon for radio etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts