2.1 system with B&W 685 and PV1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi experts,

Dreaming of Onkyo 875 with just 2.1 setup - pair of B&W 685 and B&W PV1. Cant decide on the source to be decent universal player or PS3. I have a PS2 that I dont use much ( not a gamer really ). Are my choices any good ?

cheers,

Neeraj

ps. want to avoid 5.1 to keep my living room from having too many speakers. My hifi will also be in the living room with separate hifi system consisting of naim+dynadio.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Can't fault your choice of kit, but I wish you'd re-consider the 5.1 option. You could use three B&W M1 satellite speakers for the centre and the surround channels. They're quite discreet, available in Black, White & silver.

Once they're on the wall or shelf, I don't think you'd notice them.

I have my 602 stereo speakers on stands, plus 7 M1 speakers and the PV1. My room ain't huge, but you don't think like you're walking into an audio shop! They passed the all important Wife test, so it can't look that bad!

:)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Chris, I see what you mean and I did consider that. However I am quite enamoured by 685s and I am not really after surround effects. I watch less action/sci-fi movies so wonder if the rears would be used at all. I just hope I wont be missing on the center channel for clear dialogues.

A

Anonymous

Could you not just run everything through your Naim/Dynaudio System? Seems really simple so I'm probably missing something...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Lewis P:Could you not just run everything through your Naim/Dynaudio System? Seems really simple so I'm probably missing something...

Indeed.

If you're not doing surround, you don't really need a surround amp.

The PV1 comes with a dedicated cable that allows you to connect via your stereo amp's speaker terminals.

A

Anonymous

yes of course that's an option but I really dont want to sit in front of my tv to listen to my music. But maybe I am wrong, I thought there was a sweet spot from where I can enjoy the music most. So wanted to place the music system away from my tv near to my study within easy reach in my living room. My living room is about 7m by 4m. Also other reason is to have a AV receiver to connect other myriad boxes (tv receiver/dvdplayer/ps2) to my tv. But then again its my first setup and I am probably over doing it. Pl let me know if my thinking is all wrong here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts