1976 Pioneer SA5300 amp

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

It's a difficult one to dismiss when no change is expected, and credit for mentioning it!
As a Spendor owner, you'll probably agree....it's hard to believe that Spendor once fitted spring clip terminals to a model.

(For the record it was the 'Prelude' which used the same drivers as their superior(?) SA2, but was otherwise built down to a £200 price - which was more than enough for me).

Reactions: AJM1981
As a Spendor owner, you'll probably agree....it's hard to believe that Spendor once fitted spring clip terminals to a model.
Given that they haven't tended to produce cheap stuff, absolutely. I was a bit surprised mine are single-wired too, as bi-amping is out of the equation. Don't think I'm going to try to rectify that myself, though!

Reactions: Gray

nopiano

(For the record it was the 'Prelude' which used the same drivers as their superior(?) SA2, but was otherwise built down to a £200 price - which was more than enough for me).
A bit off topic, but all manufacturers had to consider what they could reliably source. Just as they do today. So compromise is the order of the day, and they can’t or don’t want to engage in cabinet rework each time a fresh design of connector comes into the stock room!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts