1080p Kuro?

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Will there by a 42 inch 1080p Kuro any time soon? I'm getting cut up over 1080p which is making me undecided over buying a Sony 40W3000 or the Pioneer 428XD. It will go along side my Sony DAV IS10 and will have Sky SD running on it as well as a Xbox 360 and PS3 for Blu Ray. Has anyone got any advice?

A

Anonymous

I was in exactly the same boat, really wanted the latest technology, and wasn't sure I could stand the niggle knowing that I didn't have a full resolution etc..

I've just bought a 40W3000 and a PS3 and i can only say i'm really pleased with the SD picture as i thought it was going to be really ropey. I wanted a nice stand as well, so i got the RHT-G800, so it made sense to go Sony all the way as it all hooks together very nicely, both in terms of looks, and technology (Bravia Theatre Sync etc)

With some setting changes it really does look pretty good, and thats on a really old Sky box and a really old Scart lead.

I was blown away by the quality of the PS3. It took me back to the first time i bought a new pc, with an amazing (at the time) gfx card and played Half-life. You get the same amazing crispness of graphics and motion, except on a huge 40inch TV!

Not tried Blu-ray as yet, need to buy myself a few dvd's...

Excellent set in my opinion, extremely pleased.

A

Anonymous

Don't get confused with 1920x1080 resolution which the Pioneer isn't. The Pioneer does 1080p/24fps. In fact, if you are prepared to wade through the excellent 'Panasonic 24fps customers need to know' thread, it would appear that only Pioneer and Fujitsu, and not even Sony let alone Panasonic, can manage this.

WARNING!!; that particular thread does not appear to be taking any prisoners - wear a flak jacket !

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. So you would definitely recommend the Sony over the Pioneer?
I wasn't so sure about the SD picture quality when I saw it in the Sony Centre. Thats the main thing thats holding me back from buying it.

A

Anonymous

I've just got a PDP 428 XD and it's absolutely stunning.Don't see how you could improve on it to be honest. If I was going 50" or above I'd have gone for a 1080p but can't see the point on a 42 ".

Standard def. on the 428 is superb and 70% of the time, that's what you'll be watching.

A

Anonymous

Go into a shop and test it out, see what you think personally. It would help if it was the same shop feeding in the same SD signal to both obviously...

A

Anonymous

I agree. It has to be the Pioneer. SD looks fab. Plasma beats LCD at this screen size. Pioneer is the best plasma. If it is within your budget, then it is a no brainer. If the price is an issue (remember the stand is £160+) I have heard that the Samsung plasma is well worth looking at.

A

Anonymous

surely you just have to go large and get the new pioneer PDP-LX508D.....exactly what i'm debating...except it's a tad dear at the moment....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts