1080p confusion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
After the recent supertest win I'm hoping to buy the Panasonic TX32LXD700. The only thing that puts me off is that it is not full HD. I want to connect a Sky HD box to the tv & at a later stage a HD dvd player. Should I be worried that the tv cannot accept 1080p without scaling ? I don't want the tv to be out of date in a years time if possible !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Nope, since Sky HD is only 720p and 1080i, and the 32LXD700 will handlle the output from an HD DVD or Blu-ray player beautifully. At this small a screen size, I doubt many people could tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p anyway...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
From my experience you dont really notice the benifits of 1080p over 720p or 1080i until you go into screen sizes above 50"". If you think in real world terms a 32"" tv has a screen hight of about 15.5 inches so a 1080p 32"" panel would have aprox 70 pixels per inch vertically as where hd ready set with 768 vertical lines is 49.5 pixels per vertical inch aprox. So on a 1080p panel of this size the pixels would be so tightly packed togher that the human eye would struggle to tell the differnce. Man I must stop being so anal with all these figures, need to get a new hobby lol.

A

Anonymous

Yup, bad Sex got it in the neck from Andrew, ooooooooooo about a week or so back. And man, is he a fine example to the rest of us degenerates now! That's what I call good Sex! Heeheheheheheeee.

A

Anonymous

DJK - you sure know your stuff ! This really clears things up. Cheers.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
no problem, I have a 50"" plasma which is not 1080p and when I auditioned it alongside a 1080p pannel the slight differnce in the picture did not justify the price differnce of over a grand, but when viewing 1080p content via a projector its comes into its own as those extra pixels pay dividends when the screen is so big.

A

Anonymous

I've had this panel for a few months now and I challenge anyone to show me a better 32" set today. Best set all round bar none. Got a price tag on it though, but I was more than willing to pay it. The sound is superb out of the box too. I've ran a 360 Elite, PS3, SKY HD and scaled DVDs through it and the picture is immense. Clear, crisp, vivid, fast... and with SD freeview or subcription digital I still can't fault it. I realise this post is in no way technical, but I just gotta say - buy this set!

A

Anonymous

thanks Wemyss. Appreciate your comments. I keep reading lots of reviews in a wierd hope than I'm gonna find one where someone has unearthed a flaw in this what seems like perfect 32" LCD !

TRENDING THREADS