• We’re excited to be up and running and seeing visitors old and new! For those returning, reset your password and you’re good to go! For new members, introduce yourself here. You can also be in with a chance to win a set of Fyne Audio Speakers and try to become a part of our Ultimate Audiophile Playlist here!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Dealers have been posting events for quite some time now :)

Acoustica started it a couple of years ago, the Sevenoaks follwed - and they don't even get involved with the forum! Only post they both ever made...

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
David@FrankHarvey said:
Dealers have been posting events for quite some time now :)
Dealers have been breaking the rules 11 and 12 for quite some time now*biggrin*

I think it's fine when a dealer states he is a dealer. The only problem is when people come on here posing as members of the general public to promote an event they are involved with. This clearly is not the case here. It's fine by me even if it does break the rules.

bigboss

Mar 25, 2009
David@FrankHarvey said:
bigboss said:
I wish I could come but I'm busy this weekend.
As with most weekends I expect! :)
You bet! :)

Innuos is on my radar for purchase in the future, after I have funds to switch from Marantz to the upcoming 11 channel Denon which will free up space to accommodate it. Probably 2017.

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
David@FrankHarvey said:
Maybe WHF could look at the rules with regards to mag advertisers and regular contributors to the forum?
Might be the best suggestion on here in a long time.For example, if there is a problem with Richer Sounds, they are on here straight away and the problem is sorted PDQ. Otherwise we don't hear from them. It would be great if they added their comments more often. They are very bid advertisers in the magazine. If they wanted to inform us about Cambridge Audio launches etc, they should be able to do so.

bigboss

Mar 25, 2009
Cambridge Audio launches are covered in the news section of What Hi Fi. I don't think they're interested in promoting products on the forum. They're present to ensure superior customer support.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
jjbomber said:
They are very bid advertisers in the magazine. If they wanted to inform us about Cambridge Audio launches etc, they should be able to do so.
If they could do that here, why would they need to advertise in the magazine?

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
spiny norman said:
jjbomber said:
They also advertise the other 2,137,918 items they sell.
Really? Name them. ;-)
Some are called Fred, a few are called Nigel and Peter crops up quite often. However the vast majority are call Julian, Jr, after their dad.

After tomorrow, there will be a new, cheaper, more reliable model called Boris. The old model, called David, is already wrapped up in red tape and ready for the bin.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
jjbomber said:
After tomorrow, there will be a new, cheaper, more reliable model called Boris. The old model, called David, is already wrapped up in red tape and ready for the bin.
And they said satire was dead.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts