1001 Albums you must hear before you die!

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i've heard quite a few of them,quite a few i intend to and more than a few will never listen to regardless of dieing any soon ot not.. :clap:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
k77stan said:
i've heard quite a few of them,quite a few i intend to and more than a few will never listen to regardless of dieing any soon ot not.. :clap:

Well if it prompts any good ideas....then job done. :cheer:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Is this just some blogger listing his music collection?

I think it's part of a range of "1001 books", of various things to see / hear before you die (eg. Movies, Books etc)!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Here is another list compiled by a music journalist, and followed from the same Wikipedia link (but these are for sale): http://www.1000recordings.com/the-list/

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Ben Howard album is decent.. I love 'Against me - As the Eternal Cowboy' but its folk/punk rock.. The acoustic tracks are raw and full of emotion.. Check it out if you can be bothered

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
Ben Howard album is decent.. I love 'Against me - As the Eternal Cowboy' but its folk/punk rock.. The acoustic tracks are raw and full of emotion.. Check it out if you can be bothered

Always good to get suggestions.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Vizzage

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I have to say, that is one of the best lists of this type I have seen in a long time. I usually get really irate about this sort of thing and start yelling "why is Rainbow's Rainbow Rising" not in the list?????" or something, but there seem to be lots of good albums on the list. Having it chronological was a good idea - I hate the normal ranking system. Only 1 album worth getting between Led Zep 1 and 2?!!

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Always good to get suggestions.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

the Ben Howard slbum is worth a purchase for sure! You tube Against Me - 'Sink Florida Sink' and '"Unsubstantiated Rumors Are Good Enough for Me to Base My Life Upon' on YouTube.. The latter I always test new gear with.. DIY but such a great recording :cheers:

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
It is interesting to see the stuff that drops out / comes in.

I read a definition once that said we shouldn't call "classical" music that but "permanent" music, ie music that has stood the test of time. Of the albums of the 1960s, which is when I was a teenager, the ones that have stood the test of time are those of the Beatles and of Dylan.

Chris

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Cno, that's a nice long list. Bit unorthodox, but I take what I can get these days!

Sometimes you forget about the music with all the obsessing over gear, seriously considering a break from hifi to concentrate on the music a bit more.

I was thinking about this the other day actually. In me youth, I had a couple of friends who introduced me to music I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole otherwise, and I still play those albums. I find that while great, spotify and YouTube cannot replace people who are enthusiastic about certain albums or artists.

TRENDING THREADS