£900 Budget to sort out Community centre...........Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a budget of approx £900 to sort out the audio in a community centre. Holds approx 200 people so need to be quite loud. something that i can plug an ipad/iphone/ipod and Microphones in, possibly karaoke compatible??. i literally know zilch about systems. Somebody recommended the Bose L1 compact but i don't want to pay £850 for a badge!. If it ticks all the boxes then great. Don't have lights either so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I would go to somewhere like my nearest DV247 outlet (google it) and explain to them what I needed. There's loads of PA systems way inside your budget that should do the trick.

You could go second hand too, but then you'll probably/possibly have no warranties, which might not appeal.

Search ebay for "disco lights" - loads of stuff there to splunge the rest of your budget on.

Job done!

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
omnibeard said:
I would go to somewhere like my nearest DV247 outlet (google it) and explain to them what I needed. There's loads of PA systems way inside your budget that should do the trick.

DV247 is a great shop and you'll be able to get a fine sounding PA system for £900. They have a large range of speakers and they'll also be able you help you choose a suitable 'monitor controller' so that you can control the volume and use them with different music sources.

http://www.dv247.com/pa-systems-and-live-sound/active-pa-speakers/

Behringer PA speakers have pretty good sound quality IMO. These Behringer Eurolive B821Neo speakers look like very good value at only £329 each. They use 12" bass drivers and have 1200 watts of amplification built in so they should go very loud.

Behringer1.jpg

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't actually heard the Behringer B821Neo speakers but the specs look good for the price.

A DJ friend of mine uses these very cheap Behringer B215D speakers and they sound alright considering they only cost £200 each. Reasonable clarity and loads of bass even at very high volume. They have a 15" bass driver and 550 watts of built in amplification.

Behringer2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts