£400 to spend

chiglee

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
HI,

i have £400 to spend ...

i have onkyo 609 with QA2000 cinema pack & want to add a pair of new front speakers...

any suggestions will be appreciated...

my feeling is, what ever i choose i will have to replace my QA centre with the matching centre of the new fronts in order to hear & feel the real differance..

are ther any real alternatives to the 685s & the q300s ..... it gets up my nose that the 685s have actually gone up in price & i begrudge paying £450 for the q300s when i very much doubt i could hear the differace between the two.

mostly movies

cheers, lee...

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi chiglee

Check out the QA-2050s floor standers if you shop around you should be able to pick up the older version the 2050s the new ones are the 2050i if you have been happy with the QA then you will be happy with these, again look for the older version of the centre, if you can stretch to the newer version then again you will not be disapointed, check out the review in this month edition of the mag. The gloss finish is very cool but you will pay extra for this.

Hope this helps

chiglee

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
hi pioneer7,

i decided to buy the 685s this afternoon & i can say without question they work very well with what i already have in fact, i am totally THRILLED! with them.

i am sure the rest of the 685 theatre pack will be replaceing the qa soon!!!

thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question.

kind regards, lee.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts