£400/500 for a pair of speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just got paid and as discussed in previous post im going to treat my self to a new pair of speakers i was/still am unsure wether to buy the monitor audio br5 or the tannoy eyris2 now the br5's are cheaper at £360 ( usualy 400)and they are a 5 star winner the tannoy eyris2 are the more expensive at £499 but on the website it says that the tipical selling price is £1000 is that true??????????????? i want the best sound not the best offer and am willing to spend the £499 for the tannoy if anybody can say if thye are better then the br5 . so wich sound better br5 or eyris2 forget price wich performs better? music wise i listen to all kinds of music from metal to classica ,opera,lirica,progresive metal,etc... so all round performance is a must pluss the ability to go loud ( real lound)is important so pleasepost and answer let me know wat u know ill get the speakers on monday most likely so im in a hurry !!!

A

Anonymous

If you can wait another month or stretch your budget (or go with notes and screw a dealer to the floor) RS6's leave BR5's for dead in every respect. I listened to them side by side and there's no comparison - they're worth every single extra penny.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I agree with DB about the RS6 speakers against the BR5s, but at that price I would certainly suggest the excellent Tannoys as being a particularly good buy. And yes, they are effectively a £1000 design now available for half-price. Doesn't take much Googling to see how much they're selling for elsewhere...

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
If you can buy them anywhere. On the whole net there isn't any information on the IQ5SE speakers.

Even the dealer in Holland don't know anything about them.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
I agree with DB about the RS6 speakers against the BR5s, but at that price I would certainly suggest the excellent Tannoys as being a particularly good buy. And yes, they are effectively a £1000 design now available for half-price. Doesn't take much Googling to see how much they're selling for elsewhere...

[/quote]
Always worthwhile if you can get discontinued or soon to be discontinued kit discounted for sure. I got my AVR-4360 for $2850 as opposed to $4,000 - obviously being replaced but hey, its a big discount. I was lucky on my RS6's too - good price for cash. Listen to them, decide what you prefer, then see what sort of deal you can pull.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts