£300 pound to upgrade and views on what is value for money

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I can either ditch my eltax £100sub for - bk genni mk2 or someother sub around that price

or i can mve my denon1909 upstairs and buy a new av amp.

My problems with the sub is it is boomy at times and not very tight and im guessing going up the food chain so to speak would give me a good value for money upgrade.

Problem with my amp is 3 hdmis only i have wd tv live, apple tv 3 and xbox360 elite. I have to take my pc and sky hd to the tv as well as the amp hdmi output. I also would like the 3d and 4k for the next 3 years as future proofing myself. I also like the option that i would be able to control the volume by my samsung s2 or ipad2 by an app.

Many thanks for any help or comments on what you find the best upgrade in a system

The best upgrade of an AV system is the subwoofer in my opinion. Your sub is boomy. Are you sure it's been set properly? If yes, then upgrading your sub is the way to go, as an AV receiver upgrade will not solve that.

With regards to AV receiver upgrade, I would suggest you wait for another year as I expect budget models to allow 4K passthrough as well. Obviously, only 3 HDMIs is not ideal as well. Depends on what you consider as a priority.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys my sub is a pain if i have at a decent level i have select 50hz as if i go 80hz which my amp says to do it rattles a bit so even thou i think it sounds very good im sure that if a bought a better sub which a better cabinet and tight cone it would allow me to set it just a fraction higher than my br5's then im guessing will will sound better and smoother.

But that said i think the onkyo 616 at 329.99 is a good amp for the money loads of hdmis phone and tablet app frees my old amp to start a set up, up stairs for my sky hd multi room and i like the idea of 7.2 for 2 subs maybe 2 bk genni for £430 that could be awesome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts