£1200 to spend on sound system... advice needed please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am a massive music fan, and my regular 5.1 needs to be upgraded!

Currently all my music is stored on my macbook, and I also like to use my iphone to play music. (I like the Denon amps have airplay).

I also like to put movies from my laptop or hdmi tv through speakers.

I have £1200 to spend +/- a bit, and would really like to get a great system that is modern (i.e. can support wireless technology, aka iphone control, link to laptop etc) great looking, but most importantly great sounding. I have a large studio flat and prefer the idea of seperates. As I want to use the speakers for movies too, I like the idea of keeping a surround sound. So I have a rough idea what sort of benefits I would like, but I have no idea what speakers, amps, subs to get!!

I would really appreciate any advice. :rockout:

A

Anonymous

Sounds like

Marantz Na7004 £499 Richersounds. streamer with PC connectivity blah blah

Marantz PM6003. Going for £200 at the mo

Dynaudio 2/6 £429 or MA RX1

This should do it!

A

Anonymous

just sore you would consider surround sound... Then for features the Onkyo Tx nr709 is a possibility ,,,£499 with a relevant speaker package. Does your laptop have optical out? Personally I would go for my previous Marantz option, in a small studio flat it will give you great sound quality

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for your response.

Yes it can be adjusted for audio out on the laptop.

What about a sub for some extra bass?

The dynaudio's look great, but would you go for, say 4 of them, to make surround sound?

A

Anonymous

Surround sound will only be an option using an AV reciever such as the Onkyo already mentioned. I recommended the Marantz for sound quality but that would be a stereo set up with two speakers.

You must first choose to have a surround sound option or a traditional stereo set up.

A

Anonymous

If it is a new 5.1 system you are after you might be better off posing in the AV section for help. In my opinion 1200 pounds will get you a good Av setup including an Av receiver, Bluray player and 5.1 speaker such as the New Tannoy range.

I think I will pass this onto someone else as I am only really interested in traditional stereo set ups at the moment.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts