£1000 AV Receiver Upgrade??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my speaker system to a Monitor Audio RS6 AV and am starting to look towards doing the same for my AV Receiver. I currently own a Sony STR DB-1080 and think the speakers could do with something a little higher up the market.

I've been looking around and would preferably (as with most people i assume) like as many features as possible for the cheapest price. I've been looking at the Onkyo TX-SR875 which despite its initial price of is available now for around £600.

Could you let me know what you'd think of this choice as a partner for my speakers? Also, if anyone else has other suggestions for me i'd be happy to hear.

Many thanks in advance for all your help
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

As you see I have the 875 / RS8 AV system and it is superb.

I enjoy playing music on it as well. (which is important to me)
The 875 plugged into a Tacima block (it does open up the sound / detail) gives v good control. The price it is now is a bargin, don't think you will be disappointed, but I would take a look at the latest offerings at a similar price point for piece of mind.

Try to audition through a Tacima block.

A

Anonymous

I'm glad to hear its good with music, that's something that's a bit of a must for me also. What is the sound like when watching TV? i.e. in Neo 6 or Pro Logic 2 etc.

Cheers for the help mate

A

Anonymous

My aerial signal is fed from the Sony DVD RW 970 through the 875 (up scales) into my TV.

Get HD quality picture off it and very nice full range sound. Obviously not as good as blue ray or Cd's.

It still gets the sub working off TV channels with good grip, which makes TV broadcasted concerts sound as good as it can barring in mind the quality of the signal!

Use the PL11 music setting for TV and Music. As I have tweaked my system it sounds as open on this setting as it does on the 'direct' mode. Prefer Hi Fi sound coming through all the speakers as it gives a nicer effect from more seating positions in the room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts